MEET YOUR SURGEON
About Dr. Tarek Youssef
Dr. Youssef received his medical degree from Ain Shams University in Cairo, Egypt, ranking first of his class of 750 students. He completed his residency in ophthalmology in Egypt and was followed by fellowships at Oakland University and Beaumont Eye Institute, as well as the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Dr. Youssef has worked as a researcher at the Windsor Laser Eye Institute, a comprehensive ophthalmologist in the Canadian Maritimes, and a lecturer at Ain Shams University Hospital back in Cairo before setting up practice and the Premium Vision Surgical Centres of excellence, in Cornwall, ON.
He is a member of the Canadian Retina Society, the Canadian Ophthalmic Society, and the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology. Dr. Youssef has been published in peer-reviewed journals and has delivered presentations on various topics nationally and internationally. He maintains a YouTube channel for posting and discussing surgical techniques such as cataract surgery and challenging cases in an effort to share his learning with his peers globally.
Dr. Youssef’s Email. Youssef@premiumvisionsc.com
- Canadian Retina Society (CRS)
- Canadian Ophthalmic Society (COS)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS)
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)
Dr. Youssef is committed to using the most advanced proven technology in eye care to achieve the best outcomes and believes in a offering the highest level of care to his patients. So far, he has successfully completed 11,800 cataract and refractive procedures as well as 17,500 intra-ocular injections. He started in refractive surgery at the beginning of this millennium, in year 2000 and done thousands of refractive procedures with excellent results.
Conferences, Courses, and Workshops
Knowledge is power. We have to keep up-to-date with the latest and most advanced eye care information. That’s why Dr. Youssef frequently attends national and international conferences.
- Nov 15 Retina Case Conference Canada, November 20-21, 2015, The Omni King Edward Hotel, 37 King Street East, Toronto, ON
- Nov 15 AAO meeting. Las Vegas, Sands Expo and Convention Center and The Venetian Las Vegas Nov. 14-17
- Oct 15 OSN New York, October 23-25, 2015. Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel
- Sep 15 Sally Letson/The Westin Hotel September 17–19, 2015
- Apr 15 AMO University Premier 2015, Friday, April 17, 2015. Hilton San Diego
- Apr 15 2015 ASCRS•ASOA Symposium and Congress San Diego, CA April 17-21, 2015
- Mar 15 Leading in the World of Ophthalmology, Rotman School of Management. Executive Programs,
- Feb 15 3rd Cairo Middle East Refractive and Anterior Segment Surgery Symposium
- Oct 14 ACLS Providers 16 hour Course. McGills University St. Marys’s Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada
- Oct 14 AAO Oct 18 2014 – Oct 21 2014 American Academy of Ophthalmology Annual Meeting Location: McCormick Place – Chicago, IL
- Apr 14 ASCRS Symposium on Cataract, IOL and Refractive Surgery/2014 Boston, MA April 26-30
- Mar 14 Two-day workshop-Rotman School of Management “Thriving in the New World of Ophthalmology”
- Feb 14 Toronto Cataract 2014/Saturday February 22, 2014 | Toronto Hilton
- Feb 14 72nd Annual Conference of All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOC-IJO Diamond Jubilee Conference 2014)
- Dec 13 Glaucoma Management Review Course, cover all core aspects of glaucoma diagnosis and management in clinical practice
- Nov 13 AAO Nov 16 2013 – Nov 19 2013 American Academy of Ophthalmology Annual Meeting Location: Ernest N. Morial Convention Center – New Orleans, LA
- Oct 13 Retina Canada Case Conference/Montreal, Quebec, October 4-5, 2013.
- Sept 13 Plastics Update Sally Letson/The Westin Hotel September 19–21, 2013
- June 13 COS 2013 Montréal June 14-17 Hilton Montréal Bonaventure Montréal
- May 13 Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons/2013: Calgary, Alberta/ Hyatt Regency Hotel
- May 13 Rosen Symposium /Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery and related specialties.
- Mar 13 Rotman’s Understanding the New World of Ophthalmology 2 day workshop. (Rotman Executive Programs, Toronto, Ontario)
- Feb 13 ASCRS•ASOA Winter Update 2013 February 14-18, 2013 Turnberry Isle Miami Aventura, FL
- Sept 12 Retina Canada/Niagara on the lake, Queens Landing
- Sept 12 Sally Letson/The Westin Hotel Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Jun 12 COS 2012 Toronto/June 26-29/Westin Harbour Castle/Toronto
- Apr 12 ASCRS Symposium on Cataract, IOL and Refractive Surgery/2012 Chicago, IL April 21-25
- Feb 12 Canadian Surgical Retina Meeting 2012
- Oct 11 AAO 2011/Orlando,/Orange County Convention Center from Oct. 22 to 25
- Sept 11 Glaucoma: Sally Letson/The Westin Hotel September 22-24, 2011,
- Jun 11 COS 2011 Vancouver Thursday, June 9 to Sunday, June 12 Westin Bayshore
- May 11 Retina Canada 2011 May 12-15 2011, Montreal Sofitel
- Jan 11 ASCRS January 27-31, 2011 4th Annual ASCRS Winter Update. Palm Beach, FL
- Oct 10 American Academy of Ophthalmology Annual Meeting Location: McCormick Place – Chicago, IL
- Jun 10 COS Annual Meeting & Exhibition June 26-29, 2010 – Québec City, QC
- Feb 10 Canadian Surgical Retina Meeting, Lake Louise, Alberta
- Sept 09 Sally Letsen, Ottawa
- April 09 ASCRS, San Francisco
- Sept 08 Sally Letsen, Ottawa
- April 08 ASCRS, Chicago
- Sept 07 Sally Letsen, Ottawa
- May 07 APOS, PEI
- Apr 07 ASCRS , San Diego
- Nov 06 AAO meeting 2006 Las Vegas
- Sep 06 Glaucoma PLP Meeting at St. Andrews Fairmont Algonquin
- Feb 06 Retina meeting, Whistler BC
- Oct 05 AAO meeting Chicago IL
- Oct 04 One Day Glaucoma Workshop, Allergan, Mocton, NB, Canada
- Oct 04 Sally Letson Symposia, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Three days, Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Mar 04 Egyptian Ophthalmic Society Meeting, Cairo. A single Author Video-presentation, details below.
- Feb 04 Canadian Surgical Retina Meeting, Montreal
- Feb 04 Phacoemulsification meeting, Montreal (Allergan)
- May 03 Canadian Ophthalmic Society Meeting, Halifax.
- Feb 03 Phacoemulsification meeting Montreal (Allergan)
- Mar 02 EOS meeting Cairo
- Nov 01 AAO meeting, New Orleans, LA
- Nov 01 ISRS meeting, Hyatt Regency, New Orleans, LA
- Nov 01 Phaco & Refractive Pearls From Around the World, Sheraton New Orleans, LA (Alcon)
- Nov 01 Excellence in LASIK, Sheraton, New Orleans, LA (Alcon)
- July 01 Bascom Palmer Cornea service course. Miami, Florida. Bascom Palmer Eye Institute.
- April 01 Bascom Palmer 2001 Vitreoretinal Course. Miami, Florida. Bascom Palmer Eye Institute.
- April 01 Investigator Support Initiative Workshop sponsored by PHARMACIA.
- Feb 01 Biostatistics Crush Course Royal Oak, MI.
- Oct 00 AAO, Dallas TX.
- Jun 00 Refractive Surgery Course. Windsor, ON, Canada.
- Jun 00 Biostatistics Course; The Use of Excel as a Statistical Program. Royal Oak, MI.
- Apr 00 Photodynamic therapy (PDT, TAP study) for Subfoveal Aged Related Macular Degeneration (AMD), hands on course, Troy, MI.
- Jan 99 Moorefield Institute of Ophthalmology, FRCO course, London, U.K